Friday, May 2, 2014

Toxins Go to our Brains!

With all the known toxins and preservatives in our foods, our livers are already working overtime.  Then, add shampoos and lotions and TOOTHPASTE (look on your toothpaste tube and note that if you ingest it, you should call poison control!) that are full of more chemicals like engine de-greaser and the likes.  Guess what happens to the toxins your liver can't process?  They are stored in fat.  Guess how much of your brain is fat?  60%.  SIXTY percent of your brain is fat with loads of toxins in them.  Alzheimers maybe?  ADD? Depression?  I am no doctor nor do I claim to know much, but that seems like simple math to me.  Our society is upside down with all sorts of neurological disorders in our adults AND kids alike.  It just seems possible that this "Sudden increase" in our generation of Alzheimers and Depression and ADD and......might be related to all the crap our bodies have to withstand these days.  Just a thought!

When I had my first Detox that made me want to start this blog, I had a very strange moment.  My detox was so severe that we called it my exorcism.  I say that sort of in fun, but it was really violent.  All I did was stop eating sugar and ONLY eat lean protein and veggies in the strictest of forms. By Day 3, I started getting nauseous and sick and I didn't leave the bathroom for all the vomiting for 3 more days.  I was detoxing from sugar like an alcoholic detoxes from alcohol.  The yeast took over my body and being a living organism it revolted when I wasn't feeding it sugar.  This was all so new to me and my body was so brutally worn out and tired from all the heaving and crying and misery.  I remember hanging over the toilet thinking, "I can eat sugar right now and feel better for a moment.  But live with all my other pain forever  OR I can stick with this and HOPEFULLY be better on the other side forever."  Gratefully, I stuck with it, NOT on my own, but by tons of encouragement from my husband and my family.  I still battle the Candida, but I don't think it will ever be as brutal as that first time.

By day 5 or 6 I started perking up a little and was definitely over the hill.  Then, somewhere around day 9 or 10 I was sitting at my desk working.  I felt something in my head flutter and I looked up at the wall.  There are really no words to fully describe the feeling I felt, but I can only explain it like the Claritin commercial where the lady's life goes from foggy to clear.  From the bottom of my stomach and slowly moving up to my neck and thru my face and into my head, my brain slowly cleared.  In that 60 seconds or so, I all of a sudden was able to think straight.  My mom told me on several occasions that I wasn't thinking properly, I couldn't make decisions and something was wrong with my brain.  She said it in fun, but kind of seriously.  I agreed, but I had 3 young kids and wrote it up to sleep deprivation.  That moment was a defining moment for me.  I was clear as a bell!  I felt amazing....and I didn't know that I had anything truly wrong with my brain before :)

I quickly Googled Candida and Yeast and all the kagillion symptoms and discovered that Brain Fog is a symptom of Candida!  I realize that is such a subjective symptom and my description lacks eloquence, but Brain Fog I had and I had it because of all the YUCK in my body.  The YUCK of two major abdominal surgeries with antibiotics and sedation and big time drugs and YUCK in my foods and YUCK in my body products.

I am definitely a work in progress.  I still make lots of mistakes and I still LOVE sugar.  But I have made drastic changes in my life to avoid certain foods, lots of boxed/preservative-y foods and I am adding natural healing to my life.  I was already using things like coconut oil and honey products for my kids.  Now the Essential Oils and I feel golden.  It's so empowering to feel like I can help myself and I can do it without causing a bunch of nasty side effects.

One step at a time.  I am getting there!  Love this reference I found online:

www.youngliving.org/pennysampler

No comments:

Post a Comment