Friday, May 9, 2014

Probiotics, Probiotics, Probiotics

I have always heard probiotics are good for you.  I have the opinion that they are absolutely NECESSARY for you.  I have my kids on them, my husband and myself.  And...if you ever absolutely HAVE to take antibiotics, you should definitely be on them during the course of treatment and twice the length of time you were on antibiotics.  That is, of course, unless you are smart and take them daily.
When you take antibiotics, you are killing all the bad bacteria in the gut.  This is good.  BUT....you are also killing all the good bacteria in the gut, as well.  That is B-A-D bad.  When the good bacteria is gone, it allows for multiple things, including Candida Yeast to overgrow.  When Candida Yeast, which is naturally occurring in our bodies, turns into an overgrowth situation, your body will start to fall apart.  I don't have references right now, but when I was researching it years ago, I read that they think that 85% of the population has Candida Overgrowth.  It causes every symptom in the book:  stomach pain, cramping, swelling, weight gain, migraines, foggy brain, itching, yeast infections, food sensitivities, skin issues, joint pain....I kid you not.  EVERYTHING.  I know this because when I went on the Candida Diet, I had all of those symptoms and more that disappeared when I killed off the yeast.  We are raising kids on antibiotics.  It only makes sense that all the good bacteria is gone!

Probiotics help to keep the good bacteria in the gut.  All probiotics don't work.  I ask every doctor and health professional their opinions.  All doctors will tell you to get the ones in the grocery store that have had studies to prove they work.  A naturopath or someone else will tell you a little more.  

1-ALWAYS get a probiotic that is found in the refrigerated section.  Probiotics are live cultures and keeping them cool keeps them alive for longer.

2-ALWAYS get a probiotic that has the most billions of cultures in them.

3-ALWAYS get a probiotic that has the most variety of cultures in them.

Understanding all of that, I have lots of people ask me what I use.  I have found that I really like the GARDEN OF LIFE brand of probiotics.  I have found them at our local grocery store, HEB and at any nutrition store.  Take note that it has 100 Billion CFUs....I take as much as I can get.  Most are around 20 Billion.  And there is a list of all the different cultures included.  When I take this supplement I feel a difference.  If I have had to take antibiotics, what would usually cause severe stomach pain and issues, never happens when I am on my daily probiotics.  They also have a great one for KIDS.

Supplement Facts
Service Size: 1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 30
IngredientAmount% Daily Value**
Replenish Blend - 100 Billion CFU
-ISS Bif Bifidobacterium lactis (SD-5219), Lactobacillus acidophilus (SD-5221),
-Lactobacillus paracasei (SD-5218), Bifidobacterium lactis (SD-5220),
-RAW Whole Food Probiotic Blend: Bulgarian Yogurt (milk) Concentrate,
-Eastern European Wild Kefir Culture containing Bifidobacterium lactis, Bifidobacterium longum,
-Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus brevis, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Lactobacillus casei,
-Lactobacillus fermentum, Lactobacillus helveticus, Lactobacillus kefiranofaciens,
-Lactobacillus kefirgranum, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactococcus lactis, Lacoccus cremoris,
-Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus kefir, Lactobacillus parakefir, Lactobacillus plantarum,
-Lactococcus lactis biovar diacetylactis, Leuconostoc lactis, Leuconostoc mesenteroides,
-Leuconostoc cremoris, Leuconostoc dextranicum, Kluyveromyces marxianus, Brettanomyces anomalus,
-Debaryomyces hansenii, Saccharomyces unisporus, Saccharomyces turicensis, Saccharomyces cerevisiae,
-Saccharomyces exigus, Torulaspora delbrueckii
Protein-Digesting Enzyme Blend50mg
-Protease, Acid Protease, Protease S
Eastern European RAW Fruit and Veggie Blend45mg
-Red Bell Pepper (Fruit), Green Pea (Seed), Carrot (Root), Plum (Fruit), Cherry (Fruit),
-Strawberry (Fruit), Raspberry (Fruit)
Hope this helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment