Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Getting There!

So, I made it through the "Yuck" and pain again after two setbacks in this go around.  Each setback, as painful as they are, reminds me to keep it up and keep forging ahead.  Last night I had a BEE-AUTIFUL night sleep.  It was the first night in months that I wasn't in pain and that pain didn't keep me awake.  I woke up this morning at 5:45am...on my own...and ready to roll!  I had my quiet time, got dressed, and the boys' breakfast ready before I ever woke them up.  This is monumental!  I had a great day with increased energy and no pain.  Still gaining energy, but pain free.

And then, I ate a treat.  When I say a treat, this is no treat to the normal person.  I found a recipe for brownies that are sweetened with Stevia and really just barely meet the mark for a dessert, but they sure taste good to someone like me.  I started hurting almost immediately.  I was devastated.  I ran to the recipe and looked at it backwards and forwards and there is nothing in it that I can't have!  I am stumped.  I am now back in pain again, but feel certain it will be gone by tomorrow.  It might be a rough night's sleep, but a good day tomorrow.  One thing it has done for me, is really changed my desire for sweets right now!

Ugh.  I am just so close to a good life again.  While it will still be difficult, I will feel good and nothing beats that.  Oh, and I am down 11 pounds from January 3rd.  Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment