Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Coconut Oil

Before I learned about Expeller-pressed, I ordered this gallon size.
Coconut Oil has become our life blood.  When on the yeast diet you can't have many of the oils you are used to cooking with.  Coconut Oil is one oil that is allowed and it is allowed to be heated, unlike olive oil.  So, I buy coconut oil by the vat.  I often substitute for butter and always for oils.  I make my scrambled eggs with it.  Even when I wasn't following the diet, I started using coconut oil in brownies and treats (yummo!) and we have always used it to pop our popcorn.  Coconut oil is a treat in and of itself and makes everything taste better.

The great thing about coconuts is that they are a natural anti-fungal agent, so it is REALLY good to eat lots of coconut products while on the yeast diet.  ALWAYS be sure to read the ingredients and make sure that there is no sugar or unidentifiable additives.  I have read that sticking with the Thai brands of coconut milk is good.  And I order my coconut oil online.  Expeller-pressed coconut oil is the best form to get because it was extracted the old-fashioned way with as few added ingredients as possible.

This is the primo!
Gratefully, there is SOMETHING on this diet that I love.  AND, drinking a coconut protein shake is like have my own little sugary sweet.  If you are interested, I just concocted my own shake and LOVE IT!


I fill my Magic Bullet up about 1/4 - 1/2 full of ice.  I fill it half way with raw milk (we get it from a local farm) and another 1/4 with coconut milk.  I put one scoop of my vanilla protein powder (in the margin) and I sprinkle about 4 Tablespoons of organic, unsweetened coconut in to give it a little texture. Mix 'er up and DELISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment