Friday, October 5, 2012

Thank You!!


{Re-posted from my Family Blog}

So...I am in the hospital.  The history is HERE.  I went to the ER last Tuesday morning having been in pain for 4 straight days, unable to sleep.  I couldn't take it anymore.  From there, I was released to the care of my GI, who referred me to a surgeon in The Woodlands, who referred me to a gastric surgeon in Houston, who admitted me to the hospital for testing this morning.

I haven't eaten food since last Monday night.  I wasn't all that hungry this week and thus not thirsty, which has put me in a dehydrated predicament.  I have a new GI who has ordered a scope tomorrow morning and we will make some tough decisions from there.

When I am in the hospital, I am worrying about home.  I am wondering if JBS is reading his 20 minutes and remembering to write it in his log.  I am wondering if JLS will remember to put his library book in his backpack and if Babe is putting enough fruit in their lunch boxes for tomorrows lunch.  The reason mother's are often considered control freaks is because we CONTROL everything.  Probably not by choice, but by the nature of the job of being a mom!  I anticipated having to stay today and I took care of everyone except myself, who needed to pack a bag to spend the night in the hospital.  I made lists of who does what  and when and discovered HOW MANY things we do in a day are NOT things that are written on the calendar.  Taking medicine, book logs, library books, required computer work, flash cards, and the list goes on.

So...I do worry more about home than I do about me.  It's my nature.  I am so incredibly grateful for my mom who swooped in to take care of us and for Babe, who is off work for the rest of the month.  What a God send!  I have been brought to tears at least a dozen times this week, not about my possible surgery, but about the love and support and kind words that have all come our way.  The words...they mean SO much more to the receiver than I think the givers ever realize.  Support is so AMAZING when you are in the trenches.  And, for me, when I am in the trenches, I unfortunately bring my family thru the trenches with me.

Babe, Mom and the boys came to visit me tonight at the hospital.  I don't have any unsightly tubes yet and I am still coherent so we thought it was a good opportunity for the boys to see that I am OK.  When they returned home, I got an excited call from JBS and I could hear JLS in the background saying, "Cool!"  Why?  Because my amazing neighbors left the sweetest bag of treats for the boys on our porch.  I know it was nothing to them, but HUGE to me.  The boys are SO excited to have a nice surprise on our porch all for them.  It is great to know their minds are not on me and on that bag of snacks...from Trader Joe's no less!  Thank you SO MUCH sweet neighbors.  You know who you are!

Of course, it doesn't take much to get their mind of Mommy in the hospital when food is involved...

No comments:

Post a Comment