Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Need Scripture!

Today was a breaking point....again.  I have reached total frustration in this process and I am trying to keep a level head.  I went to the ER on October 2nd because I had had unrelenting pain for 4 days in a row.  Given my history, I am pretty good at handling pain, but I knew that things weren't getting any better at that point.

So...that means that on October 5th, I visited the surgeon in The Woodlands, who referred me to the surgeon in Houston on October 8th.  On October 8th, that surgeon admitted me to the hospital for testing and I spent 3 days there, being discharged at 9pm on October 10th.

It is now October 25th and NOTHING has changed.  I am surviving on chicken noodle soup, pain killers and steroids and I am WEARY!   Sometimes the pain pills work, sometimes they don't.  The steroids always make me snappy, and they are starting to make me puffy.  I sleep...maybe at night, maybe for a couple hours, but not much.  All this time, the papers and the red tape and all the approvals have been bouncing around between the doctors office, the insurance company and the home health agency that is supposed to deliver my first shot.  How difficult can this actually be?

Since Thursday, Babe and I have been "tracking" where the last step was and who is in line for the next action.  I have no idea how anything like this EVER gets accomplished unless you are relentless with your physician, your insurance and everyone else in between.  I cannot wait to get back in routine with my GI doctor here who knows me and takes great care of me.

So...to date, it has taken 20 days and I still don't have a resolution to my problems. I have a temporary fix (of which I am VERY grateful for), but it is time for temporary to be done with and the real deal to be here.  I had NO idea it would take this long...

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Phillipians 4:13  ALL THINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment