Friday, October 26, 2012

Saturday Delivery!

Praise the Lord for Saturday delivery!  While last night was a bit rough in the sleep and pain department, today's news made up for it!

These days I am operating through my pain, trying to be productive to keep myself from getting too discouraged, yet trying to rest and heal.   All the while in the process of buying another stationery business.  It's all so crazy, but believe it or not, so much fun.  It is a good distraction for me on the days that I can work through the pain.  This morning, I was beyond excited to have an appointment at the Apple Store to learn new tricks on my laptop.  It really is the little things :)  I have had my laptop for over a year  (Well, 2 if you count the one that I left on the top of my car) and have never taken any of the classes at the store.  I had so much fun learning sneaky short cuts this morning.  It felt good to get out, albeit with my handy driver, Babe.  From there, we had an appointment at the bank to switch over my bank accounts to an LLC and plan for the new business (that will close on November 7th).  It was a lot to ask from my body in one day, but the bank part had to be done.  And...I survived with a 2 hour nap to greet me at home.

Of course, when I am trying to accomplish anything at all, it all comes at once.  But I was thrilled.  While we were sitting down with the banker, I received the call from the specialty pharmacy that my orders were received and approved and that my medicine was going to be shipped today.  Halleluiah! They told me a Tuesday delivery was set.  While that didn't seem soon enough for me having been waiting for 3 weeks, I was at least excited that I had a date.  In the process of the conversation, they asked if I was part of the co-insurance assistance program.  While we are blessed to have any insurance at all, these shots are not inexpensive, even with insurance.  WITH insurance, they are $150 per shot.  Taking those twice a month for the rest of my life can add up to a pretty penny.  So, of course, I was interested in whatever co-insurance assistance program they mentioned.  After two hours in the bank with Babe and the banker, with multiple phone calls to and from the insurance on my part, I managed to not only get a Saturday delivery of my drugs...(ie TOMORROW!), that coinsurance program is allowing me to get my first $5000 worth of shots at $5 each!  I really couldn't believe it.  So, if it works out as they say, I will get my first 33 shots  ($5000 worth of shots) for $165.  I guess they know they have me for life.  It's not like Crohn's Disease goes away.  It's all about the marketing...

So, not counting the pain, today was a great day with great news.  I never thought I would be SO ready to inflict pain upon myself.  It's a great place to be having been SO uneasy and fearful of the drug after I left Mayo Clinic last year in August.  God has certainly brought me to this point and I am ready.  Thank you Lord, for the peace that I have received.  It can only be God-given knowing the tears I shed last year over this very drug.

I will receive 6 shots tomorrow, 4 of which I will take tomorrow and 2 in 2 weeks.  Then, I will be considered on the maintenance dose of one shot every two weeks.  I would love nothing more than to be weaning off the steroids, as I already contacted the nurse for that.  However, she said I have to be settled on the Humira and showing signs of improvement before they will even begin to consider stepping down off the steroids.  I will take what I can get.  Hooray for the shots.

Now...to pray for continued peace...the peace that passes all understanding.  I still need that peace to know that God will prevail and that I will be protected from all the nasty risks that go along with taking an immunosuppressant.  If I allow myself to go there, I still get really anxious.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment