Saturday, October 27, 2012

Do You See What I See?

Praises. Praises. Praises.  Little did I know yesterday morning, that I would be looking at my big box of drugs in less than 24 hours.  I was still in my jammies this morning when Babe brought in this big official box of cold-packed shots.  When I left the doctors office, they sent me home with a "talking pen" that showed me exactly how to give myself the shot.  All the steps and pictures truly are over-rated.  All they did was serve to make me more nervous.

I opened the box to find a big sharps container, 6 shots, lots of paperwork and directions.  In a matter of moments, it became a family affair.  I sat in my chair and gave myself the shots while Gambo handled the sharps and the trash and sweet JBS applied Angry Bird Bandaids to my injection sites:)  Babe watched from afar asking each time I shot myself if it hurt that time.  Thanks, Babe.  I know you try.

So.  I am all shot up.  Four shots today and two shots on day 15.  Then, I will take 1 shot every two weeks forever.  I look so forward to feeling better. I look so forward to getting off my current steroids and pain pills and I look so forward to being "normal" again.  If I can be normal.  I have an overwhelming sense of relief.  Whether it be the placebo effect of knowing I have the drug in my body at work or the hundreds of prayers that have gone up in my name.  I feel like I can breathe for the first time in a long time.

Babe was talking to me this morning about being ready for the old Penny to be back :(  It made me sad.  But I actually thought about it and I really don't know when the last time was that I can say I felt good.  It was certainly before I had WHS and most certainly before we moved to Houston.  Of course, there have been ups and downs, but far more downs in the last 5 years.  

Prepare for the new and improved Penny! :)  God is good.  ALL the time!

JAMES 1:2-4

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.



1 comment:

  1. UPDATE!!!!! I need to know if the meds are working! I have been so patient in waiting to ask to give them time.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete