Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lavender to Replace a Benadryl

I take Humira, which, for me has been causing a large amount of joint pain...from my finger tips to my toes.  I finally called my doctor on Friday afternoon when I realized  that, in addition, to my joint pain, I was having red dots break out all over my arms and legs.  She thought I might be having an allergic reaction to the Humira and advised me to take a Benadryl.

So, I pulled out my Lavender, which is a natural anti-histamine, and put about 10 drops in a pill.  When I say minutes....I mean within MINUTES, my joint pain was reduced.  On top of that, I put Lavender and Frankincense directly on the red dots.  Some of those dots were painful, others not at all.  BUT, they all had some inflammation.  Within about 15-20 minutes, the puffiness to the dots was gone (Frankincense is an anti-inflammatory) and the redness had lightened.  I did that on Saturday, too and today, Sunday, the dots that I put oils on are almost gone.  The dots I didn't put oils on....still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment