Sunday, July 13, 2014

Slathering My Face in Essential Oils!

I have had so many people ask about the Young Living Skin Care products, so I thought this the best way to share what I use.

In December, when I dove into Essential Oils head first, I was really convicted by my skin care.  For several years, I have been working really hard to remove bad things from my diet, but not my skin care products.  When I looked at my favorite skin care products, they had bleach, SLS, hydroquinones and a handful  of other products that are truly toxins and hard on our liver.  When I added up the toxins in my foods (sugar, pesticides, fertilizers, preservatives) I was already panicked.  Then, I started to add all the known KNOWN toxins in my shampoo, lotion and skin care products, I started to have a small panic attack.  Cold turkey....I quit them all.

**Just want to insert here that I have always been of the opinion that my body can handle "all that."  BUT....having learned recently that when our liver cannot handle all of the toxins in our body, it stores those toxins in fat.  Our brain is 60% fat.  I don't want toxins in my brain NOW or in 20, 30, 40 years!  I want to prevent anything I can!**

It wasn't pretty immediately.  I will tell you that.  My face, while in the best place it had been on those old products, was full of toxins that needed to de-tox.  So, I dug in deep and waited for my face to clear out all those bad things while using products that were 100% pure and in no way harmful for my body.  I looked forward to using them every morning and night...it was so much fun!

I couldn't buy everything I wanted at once.  So, I started with the Essential Rewards Kit (The reason I love ER so much.  You can get more stuff for your money AND earn points for free products).  I use these on a daily basis.  I typically use the foaming cleanser in the am plus the Day Activator.  I rotate the Night Reconstructor with a few other things in my nightly routine.

At night, I use the Orange Blossom Face Wash.  I like this A LOT.
a) I have had it for 6 months and it is NO WHERE close to being out.  I use less than a dime size to wash my face and that is MORE than enough.
b) It has no soap in it.  Soaps dry your face, stripping your body of the good oils.  THEN, you have to replace the good oils.  That whole mess is when you break out.  By allowing your body to keep the good oils in your skin, it makes for really healthy skin.
While I was clearing my face up, I used the Cream Masque EVERY NIGHT.  And the best part about it, apart from the fact that it smells so great, you can sleep in it!  I sleep in it every time and when I wake up in the am and wash my face, it is SO soft!  Not to mention, it really keeps my skin healthy and blemish free.  One of my FAVORITE products for sure.
Eye cream.  Oh, lawsy.  LOVE the Wolf-berry Eye Cream.  I use it every night and sometimes during the day.  It does a great job of removing the dark circles.  It tightens the skin and it has Wolfberries in it, which is highly regarded by the Asian population (where it grows) for anti-aging effects.

When I don't use the Creme Masque at night, I love the Bosweila Wrinkle Cream.  It smells fabulous and has ALL the necessary oils in it to promote collagen production which, in turn, results in anti-aging properties.

When I have time and am wanting to be extra-special to myself :)  I use the Cloth Beauty Masques.  They are cloth.  They are wet, loaded with Orchid Oil (big name in anti-aging and refining your skin) and amazing.  The first time I used one, I could only leave it on for 20 minutes.  BIG mistake.  I use this when I can find time to fall asleep with it on my face...be it nap time {ha!} or I fall asleep with it on my face at bedtime.  It takes approximately an hour to dry and you should keep it on until it completely dries.

I am a product LOVER and have tried SO many things for my skin.  There are only one or two brands that I found in the past that I really liked.  There is only ONE brand that is totally pure and doing NO harm to my body as I use them.  Even better, the longer I use them, the better my skin is looking.  I cannot sing the praises MORE of all the skin care products at Young Living.  Every one of them is loaded with the essential oils that work best for your face and skin.  SO comforting to know they are ALL doing something fantastic for my skin.

You can buy ALL of these products on my website:  www.youngliving.org/pennysampler





No comments:

Post a Comment