Saturday, August 16, 2014

How to Make a Pill

I have had several questions about diluting and making pills.  

This is not how it has to be.  This is just how I do it.

1- I like to take things by capsule.  My kids do too, to avoid any taste.  Capsules are:  00 is the largest pill (i take these) and size 4 is the smallest (my kids take these).   I buy mine at www.capsuledepot.com  They are the cheapest I can find.  Buy the Veggie Caps.

2- I also bought the Plastic Pippettes (http://www.abundanthealth4u.com/3_ml_Plastic_Disposable_Pipettes_Pkg_of_25_p/9265.html) to get the oils out neatly and into the pills.  And I bought the pill holder so i can make multiple pills at a time and not dump oils:  http://www.abundanthealth4u.com/Plastic_Capsule_Holder_p/9575.htm

3- The oils “they” say to dilute are the hot oils.  Off the top of my head, I can think of Thieves, Peppermint and Oregano.  Diluting an oil is not necessary at all for adults.  For the littlest of kids, I would dilute always.  But, even on my kids, i don’t always dilute.  Diluting is for your comfort, not for your safety.   Diluting does not decrease the effects of the oils, but it slows the absorption and thus reaction so it doesn’t burn.  

When I dilute:

1- If i put Thieves in a pill, it often makes my tummy burn.  I don’t love it, but it doesn’t hurt me.  Its a cinnamon burn.  I have diluted my pill with a couple drops of olive oil and it works.

2-If i put Oregano on my boys’ chest, I always put in a tsp (roughly) of olive oil b.c their chest does get red and JBS says it gets itchy.

3-I dilute, also, if i want to SPREAD out the effect.  Sometimes it seems that two drops of oil just drop and stick.  (that completely works)  BUT…for my ease of thought, I like to spread it ALL over the chest or ALL over the tummy.  In that case, I will dilute with coconut or olive oil.

Hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment