Saturday, August 16, 2014

Oils of the Week--Peppermint

I have tried to find a way to keep the "Oiling" people in my life educated and up-to-date on the uses for oils.  So, I have started sending weekly emails...starting with the oils in their Starter Kit.  It was suggested that I post those emails to My Intestine-mony so there is a place to go to read them later.  I am MORE than happy to do so.  Essential Oils and healthy living have become a passion of mine, truthfully, by default.  But I love them.  My "real job" is creating stationery for Write Away ...another LOVE of mine.  I am SO fortunate to have two things that I LOVE in my life that have NOTHING to do with the other:)  That said...Essential Oils are my "spare time" gig.  I spend a lot of my spare time researching and helping my friends find healing and I love every moment of it.  I have never been so bold, but if you are interested in getting your hands on these amazing oils, I would so appreciate your buying them from me www.pennysampler.com.  This will validate the time I spend that I SHOULD be spending on Write Away.  And then, I can tell my husband that too :)  It's really all about keeping the hubs happy, right?  THANK YOU!

Be still my heart. Peppermint Oil.
If you have ever had a tummy ache, heart burn, indigestion, out both ends:), Peppermint is YOUR oil.  Speaking to a girl with every GI upset ever encountered, I do NOT leave the house without it. Plus, I have a spare bottle next to my bed.  I am so fond of this oil because not only has it gotten me out of some really bad situations, it does it FAST.  It even surprises me.  Now, my son uses it, too.  We love Peppermint Oil.

Uses:
-Heartburn/Reflux be gone (I rub “neat” as I like the tingle. If not, put a couple drops in olive oil or coconut oil and rub on chest/tummy OR take it by pill….4-5 drops)
-Aids in Digestion (by pill)
-Bad Breath (can drop on tongue, but can take by pill….cracking up as if you burp, it will be peppermint :))
-Boosts your mood (inhale)
-Reduces Fatigue/Keeps energy up (inhale…some have kicked coffee by inhaling peppermint…really great as you can use an empty bottle of oil for this.  Save those old bottles!)
-Reduces inflammation (used as part of allergy bomb via pill…..4 drops lavender (antihistamine), 4 drops Peppermint (reduce the inflammation in sinuses), 4 drop Lemon
-Diarrhea/Nausea (Rub on neat, with oils or by pill)
-Breaks a Fever (rub on temples neat)
-Headaches (applied to temples “neat”)
-Zaps a zit :) (applied neat to said blemish)
-Kills ants/repels bugs  (diluted in water bottle as spray
-stops the hiccups (inhale)
-appetite suppressant (any way you take it)  I feel the same way with Lemon, too.

If you happen to have any sort of tummy issue…regularly or not, DiGize would be one of my next purchases.  I take Digize the minute I start feeling like my tummy isn’t happy.  My sweet babysitter took it when she started to get food poisoning…stopped it in its tracks.  DiGize is a great one to have on hand, as you never know when you or a child might get a nasty tummy bug.  That said…this is NOT one you want to taste:)  Be sure to take via pills.  You can try, but I can confirm for you that you don’t want to :)


PInterest is, humorously, a GREAT resource.  There are so many people who make marketing pieces…why re-invent the wheel?
Follow me  if you like:  http://www.pinterest.com/writeawaypaper/
I try to keep my Essential Oils board updated with the good stuff:)
You can also search:  young living, xxxxx symptom.  You will love it!  Loads of recipes and ideas!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment