Thursday, November 8, 2012

Trying Not to Be Cynical...

I have had TWO days in a row that have been relatively good!  I don't think that has happened, yet, and I am trying not to expect anything but the same for tomorrow.  It's hard, though.  I like to think I am pretty rational and after battling Crohn's for 15 years, I have a pretty high pain tolerance.  However, the intensity and longevity of the pain in the last month has been so great that I have found myself in moments of real anxiety fearing the pain.  If I feel a twinge coming on, even if it's not really bad yet, I start to get the shakes and sweats and my heart starts racing.  I feel real panicky and I get fidgety.  Anyone want to diagnose me?  I am guessing its my fear of the intense pain, as too many times, my pain pills couldn't touch it.  A bout of anxiety, for sure.  It's not a good feeling.  I have great sympathy for anyone who struggles with true anxiety issues.

The good news is yesterday was pretty good.  I pushed myself a little harder energy-wise and didn't push myself food-wise.  The combination was a good one.  By 3:30pm I was ready for bed and didn't allow myself to nap until I dropped dead in bed at 8:30pm.  I wasn't sure I would make it, as mentioned above.  When I get over-tired I start getting shooting pains in my lower abdomen.  I don't know why, but it's always when it's time for nap or time for bed.  Admittedly, I took a pain pill at bedtime, but it was the best night sleep I have had in a month.  I was tired, I slept hard and it felt good :) Wonderful.

The crazy part about yesterday, which sounds absolutely ludicrous, is that I bought a darling stationery company... Write Away.  It's a fun story, but the closing was supposed to take place right as my health went terribly south.  We rescheduled twice, which I can't say enough for the kindness and understanding of the girls who sold it to me.  And yesterday was the day.  I used to laugh that my best exercise has become riding my kids to school on the bike, as that has been about all I could handle recently.  Now, I wish I could do that!  Getting showered and out the door to the lawyers office wore me slick!  I am thrilled, though, beyond words, that I didn't have anything to set me back in the moment.  It all went without a hitch and no one there new I was sick:)  (So if anyone reads this little blog, you can buy some really cute gifts for Christmas!:))

I somewhat expected today to have it's white flags, with all the activity yesterday, but here I am! I am still surviving on steroids which is starting to work to my advantage if I continue to feel OK.  They give me energy that I don't have on my own.  I was able to make it up to the school with WHS for JLS' 50's party and we survived.  I was able to work a little around the house, between rests, but it sure felt good to at least attempt to regain control of my house.  Still a long way to go...

I look forward to tomorrow, as all the boys are in school and I know it's a needed day of forced rest.  I don't want to take any more steps backward, only steps forward.  It's a bit ironic that the last time my doctors mandated forced rest on the couch, I started Tippie Toads from my laptop.  I was still on the couch!  Now, I bought a stationery business.  I can't take on anything more.  So, no more couch-rest!

As for the drugs, I take my second round on Saturday and am actually looking forward to it.  This time I only take two injections.  Then, I will continue with 1 injection every two weeks forever...or until there is a cure...{yes, please!}

And lastly, since Babe started a new job, we have new insurance since this fiasco began.  So, today, I initiated the transfer of the Humira to my insurance.  Gratefully, I already have my second dose in my fridge.  Surely...SURELY it cannot take as long as it did to get the first round.

No comments:

Post a Comment