Sunday, November 11, 2012

Four Days and Counting!

In four days, I have taken one pain pill.  HUGE accomplishment!  I can't describe the relief in pain any other way than I feel like I am dancing on air.  And, Lord knows, I am not a dancer! :)  I feel like a huge burden is being lifted from me and I can feel my world lightening up.  PTL!

The only time I took a pain pill was after I ate something with bread.  I know I shouldn't, but it also helps me gauge the inflammation.  It's really the only way to measure improvement without looking inside of me.  I wasn't doubled over, it wasn't excruciating, but it was enough that I couldn't sleep...and I really wanted to sleep!

Yesterday, we had a big day and I was bracing for it.  First and foremost, I took my second round of shots.  I was up with Babe and JBS early, so thought I should shoot myself with an adult around...just in case.  I am thrilled knowing more medicine is at work in me now.

Babe and I had to split up with the boys and in a big way for someone who really hasn't been allowed to drive until this week.  Babe left at 5:30am to take JBS on his Boy Scout Camping trip while I stayed home to take JLS to his baseball game with WHS.  We left for that at 11am.  After the game, the plan was to drive JLS one hour to the campout so he could camp, too.  Then, WHS and I were to return home to sleep in our cozy beds and relax.  It all worked, dropped JLS off and as soon as we hit the front gate of the camp, Babe called to say that JLS was throwing up.  UGH!  I had bragged to my friends at the BS Camp about putting WHS to bed early and having the night to myself to stay up late with just me and my laptop.  I was SO excited.  But, I couldn't leave JLS sick in a tent and I couldn't leave Babe alone with JLS sick in a tent.  So, we returned to get JLS.  Poor guy.

The GPS told me our return home would be 50 minutes, which turned into 1 1/2 hours because of the traffic from the Renaissance Festival.  Stand still traffic.  JLS' tummy hurt and I was dreading vomit in the car and WHS kept telling me he had to poop and there were no bathrooms in site.  It was a LONG trip home.  We stumbled in the house, sent the boys to the bath and an AMAZING friend had left a complete meal on our door step.  The timing couldn't have been better.  I cried. I know it sounds crazy, but that day completely and utterly exhausted me physically.  I am still such a lightweight and I can't stand it!  I shoved food in the boys' faces and put WHS to bed by 7:15pm  {hallelujah!} I let JLS sleep on a palette on my floor and I crashed.  There were no up late accomplishments, no laptop. I fell into bed after a hot bath and was out by 8:30pm.

Pha-ew.  Today is a new day!  And hopefully another day without pain and WITH healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment