Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Everyone in my house is asleep at 9:11pm....I love it when it's quiet like this.  I am watching the TCU game {GO FROGS!} that we were all really in to when it began.  One by one each precious little boy drifted off to sleep and Babe and his parents disappeared to their rooms.  As I carried/dragged the boys into their beds I was overwhelmed with thankfulness.  I love them so much.  I hate that so much of OUR lives have been affected by my status and I struggle with a lot of guilt at times that I can't or haven't done things for them because I have been too sick.  I am SO thankful that I am on a good road. I feel for the first time in years that I am on the road to recovery.  Praise. The. Lord.  I don't know why it is taking SO long, but I am thankful for the progress I am making.  I am thankful that I actually ate food today.  It still hurts, yes, but it's not an "off the chart" pain.  I am thankful for my mother-in-law who helped prepare our meal and never said anything when I disappeared to my bed more than once to rest and recoup.  I am thankful for our family that was here today and thankful for my family who wasn't here.

This year, I am thankful for the little things.  When people say "Here's to health & happiness" it means so much more to me.  Health is something we all take for granted until we don't have it.  And when we don't have good health, it affects everyone around us.

I am so thankful for my health.  And beyond thankful for my friends and family that have seen me through the last very difficult two months.

HERE is to Health and Happiness!

Ironically, my sister was diagnosed with Celiac Disease a few months ago.  I think this cartoon my mom sent aptly describes our future dinner table...



p.s. 3rd shot arrived and I will get it on Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment