Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Penny-Care

February 16, 2011


I had what I now believe to be an unnecessary hysterectomy in January 2011.  The pain in my uterine region was blinding and I found only partial relief on Vicadin.  My OB/GYN told me my uterus was just getting old (at 36 years old).  After the surgery was over and I was recovering...the pain was still there.  I jumped back on the Candida Diet and two days later, for the first time in 4 months, I didn't have excruciating pain.





I am in my fourth week post surgery and my fourth week of "Penny-care."  There is no possible way to thank my mom and Babe's mom for all the work they have done in the past month for us.  My surgery went as smooth as possible and my recovery has been relatively easy.  The only problem is that I can't lift more than 10 pounds for 4-6 weeks.  This is a small problem when you have a 25 pound WHS wanting to be held and lifted all the time.  So, Grammy and Gambo in alternating weeks swooped in to save the day.  Slave labor, I tell you.  It is an especially exhausting job to raise three boys if you aren't used to a day in the life.  Each night we sent the grandmothers to bed completely exhausted. 

JBS and JLS are pretty easy.  They keep entertained with each other playing superheroes and in the back yard playing ball. WHS, on the other hand, is in constant motion (and digestion)!  In the first week post surgery, WHS decided to climb out of his baby bed, give up his high chair and climb on the bar stools for meals and he FINALLY started walking full-time.  (Praise the LORD!)  Oh, and the other HUGE thing is that WHS eats....constantly!  If he sees the pantry door open from across the room, immediately, you hear the pitter patter of his cute little feet walking as fast as he can to sneak in the pantry before the door closes.

Sweet WHS was a bit excited and out of routine with all the new "helpers" in our life.  On several occassions, we found him with his head down resting on his cute little hands....asleep.  This little guy is so smart.  My JBS and JLS are smart kiddos, but I will say that they were not as clever as WHS at this age.  There did, however, have much better motor skills at 18 months.  We are a house that loves the Sinu-Rinse when we are sick.  JBS, JLS, and Babe are regulars with their terrible allergies.  Maybe you can tell what WHS spends his time watching.  He will be a Sinu-rinse champ in no time!

So, the last few weeks have been lots of fun with Gambo and Grammy being here and very nice having so much help with meals and the kids.  While I refer to this time as "Penny-Care", it really has been "WHS-Care."  He is really going to miss being smothered in all the grandmother love.

I am definitely feeling great and hopefully some of my crazy health issues will be resolved s/p surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment