Monday, June 23, 2014

Amazing Book

I bought this book several months ago because someone told me it was good.  It sat on my bedside table for that long until I decided to pick it up and try it out.  After the first paragraph I was mesmerized!

There is definitely a faith element to the book, but what I love even more is the WHY to Essential Oils.  I love that I feel better and that I can keep my kids from getting sick, but I like objective measurements.  I want to know the HOW and the WHY and this book does an amazing job of putting it in terms the regular person can understand, like me :)

It talks about the oils used in Bible times, giving Biblical citations, but it also goes into the WHY and the reasons they were used way back then are the same as ours now.  However...they didn't have any science to necessarily prove it.  They just knew it based on results.  They used oils to prevent illness, for skin, to get rid of bugs.  Throughout the Bible people were "anointed" with oil, which simply means rubbed or massaged.

I took this on my road trip last week and had so many Ah-hah moments.  My family was about to put a sock in my mouth.  I will share a bunch of those things soon.  But, in the mean time, if you are interested in reading about Essential Oils and learning more about what they do, this is a fabulous book.  Healing Oils of the Bible by David Stewart PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment