Thursday, February 2, 2012

Healing Cuisine by Elise

I have one major "go-to" blog that I use for recipes.  I discovered Healing Cuisine by Elise when I was searching for Advanced Plan recipes.  She happens to be the wife of a Maximized Living doctor and a foodie.  So, she creates some great recipes according to the Advanced Plan in the green Maximized Living Nutritonal Plan Book.

Just to reiterate, I am following the Candida Yeast Diet.  My husband is following the Advanced Plan.  They are both VERY similar diets.  The Candida Diet eliminates all things sugar in order to starve the yeast in our bodies, thus killing it off.  The Advanced Plan eliminates almost all of the same things, with a few exceptions.  The goal of the Advanced Plan is to reduce all inflammation in your body, allowing your body to heal itself.  Sugar causes inflammation, so sugar is eliminated.  The exceptions that are allowed on the Advanced Plan are berries, because they are natural anti-inflammatories.  Also, you are allowed to have raw cheeses because they are loaded with probiotics.  There are a few more differences, but those are the major differences I see in the recipes on Healing Cuisine and what I am allowed to eat.  So, be sure to always be aware of what you are allowed to eat and adjust your recipes accordingly.

This site is a great resource...I have made LOTS of her recipes and really like them.  I will share some specifics in the future.  But for one....this week I made the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.  It was good!  A bit of a different texture than I was expecting, but it sure filled my need to have a scoop of Blue Bell!

No comments:

Post a Comment