Thursday, February 27, 2014

Truth!

I had an "ah-hah" moment in my bible study last semester.  I have lots of those moments, but this one particularly pertained to my health.  There are moments where I get discouraged and watch others eating freely or envy those in great health.  Oh...to be perfectly healthy!  I never thought much of my health until I didn't have it.

Being a Believer and a Jesus-lover, I pray a LOT....and a whole lot for my health.  I know that God can heal me on the spot.  I know it.  So, I often wonder, "Why not me?"  "Why don't You heal me?"

In my Bible Study I got my answer knocked over my head.  God ALWAYS answers your prayers.  He either gives you a "YES" or a "NO", but He always uses it for His Glory.  To which I was stopped cold in my tracks.  I am being used for God's Glory!  What greater privilege is there than that?   Truly.  Let that sink in.   Along with so many praying friends, friends of friends, friends of my family,   and perfect strangers, I have been praying for my health going on 15 years.  FIFTEEN YEARS of praying to be healed is a long time.  But I know that God is on my side, I know that He hears us and I know that his purpose is so much bigger than me.  I AM being used for His Glory.

Then this came across my email today.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment