Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Why This Blog?

I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 1999 when I was 25 years-old. It has been a long journey, but not a journey without hope. If I had known then what I know now, I would have saved an incredible amount of pain and heartache for me and my family. I would have prevented multiple painful surgeries. I wouldn't have missed a best friend's wedding, or seen fear in my parent's faces after my first surgery that didn't accomplish all we hoped. I wouldn't have missed work or moved back home twice to be nursed back to health. I wouldn't have seen my parents cry or spent nights sleeping on my bathroom floor. I wouldn't have missed school programs because of important procedures or been faced with my sweet children finding me motionless in pain on the floor. My husband wouldn't have missed work to take care of me and I wouldn't have missed days in my life while I fought through pain. I wouldn't have taken enormous amounts of drugs or worried for the life and health of my third child as he grew inside of me. My children wouldn't worry, my husband wouldn't worry and my parents wouldn't worry if I knew then what I know now. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have suffered nearly as much, but I also wouldn't have clung to my hope in God. I wouldn't have found myself praying desperately to be healed, and I wouldn't find myself here writing a blog of hope for all those who suffer from Crohns, or any disease.

If I knew then what I knew now, where would the miracle be in my story?

No comments:

Post a Comment